A culture where anything is possible
At Walmart Canada, our culture is at the heart of everything we do. It's our greatest competitive strength and what connects us as people. We're team players who believe in transparency and always strive to do the right thing. Above all, we share a passion to help Canadians save money so they can live better.
Across our entire organization, we seek to continually improve the work experience for our 87,000 associates by developing initiatives and programs, which reflect our three basic beliefs:
- Respect for the individual
- Service to our customers
- Striving for excellence
Walmart aspires to create a workplace culture, where for associates, anything is possible. By encouraging each person to envision their goals, we can help them make it happen.
Our Goals for 2012 and beyond
- Strengthen our current engagement framework, improve management and millennial associate engagement by examining and addressing their unique engagement concerns
- Implement new practices and training to strengthen diversity and inclusion in our home office and store leadership teams
- Strengthen core leadership development and enhance merchandising and operations capability
- Continue to create thousands of new employment opportunities as we expand into new markets across Canada